Thursday, February 16, 2023

Post #3 Supreme Court



Supreme Court Video

The Supreme Court is the highest court in the United States, established by the Constitution. The court consists of nine justices who are appointed by the president and confirmed by the Senate. The Supreme Court has the power to interpret the Constitution and to strike down laws that violate it.

One important takeaway point that I got about the Supreme Court is its role in the system of checks and balances. The court serves as a check on the power of the other branches of government by reviewing and maybe invalidating their actions. The Supreme Court also plays a crucial role in shaping the law in the United States.

One surprising thing about the Supreme Court to me would definitely is the diversity of its justices. While the court has historically been dominated by white males, in recent years, there have been more women and people of color appointed to the bench. Currently, three of the nine justices are women, and three are people of color.

Another thing that I thought was very interesting about the supreme court is that Supreme Court Justices have lifetime appointments, which means they serve on the court until they die or choose to retire. This means that a single appointment to the Court can have long-lasting consequences for decades 

The Video Changed the way I thought about the Supreme Court in a few different ways. I never really knew much about the Supreme Court or how it was run and what it had power over. It’s good that the video really brought to light about the Court my knowledge of the way our country is run. This has been beneficial to me in that way but it did not necessarily change the way I thought about the Supreme Court. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Blog Post

 Technology has always been a part of my life. When I was growing up we had an office in my house that my siblings and I called, “The comput...