Thursday, April 27, 2023

Post #10 - Age of AI

 After watching the video, In the Age of AI (full documentary) | FRONTLINE. I learned that AI is a lot more advanced than I thought. They are working on AI that is a lot more human-like than most people would want. It is getting so advanced that it is getting to the point of job losses and a lack of human intellect and creativity in our world. AI is capable of almost anything. There is an AI that performs in the 99th percentile on the BAR exam which is frightening to me. 

I thought some important takeaways from this video is to be careful about AI and how you use it and you never know what it is going to do. There is rarely AI error which is scary to me because it is going to take a lot of jobs away in the future, people are going to stop using accountants and secretaries,
and architects. This is nerve-racking because it means we are going to move into a world where a computer is something that you trust and personally I would want to stay far away from that. Another thing that frightens me is how they are trying to make AI more human-like. Hopefully, I will never see the day but if there is ever a question about if you are talking to a human or a robot then I think we have taken it too far. 

Security and privacy are also a concern for me because AI could very easily hack into someone's account and either steal money or identity much easier than a human can. This scares me because there is not yet a way that has been invented to prevent these measures from happening in the future. Our world is sadly heading in a direction toward AI and I think the best thing to do for us is to just keep it within regulation and do not overuse it and let it take away from who we are and what our voice is.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Blog Post

 Technology has always been a part of my life. When I was growing up we had an office in my house that my siblings and I called, “The comput...